Important Information About Coronavirus (COVID-19)
We realize that this is a difficult time for everyone with the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. We are here for our patients throughout this time. We have made changes to our office in order to prevent the spread of the virus as best as possible. The following features have been installed in our office:
- Novaerus NV200 and NV800 air disinfection units , which “use patented active purification technology" to continuously pull contaminated indoor air across internal short-exposure plasma coils, deactivating airborne bacteria and viruses at the DNA level. As a Greek study concluded, typical dentistry ventilation systems are insufficient, causing the ‘accumulation and trapping of air pollutants in certain areas of the room.’ And whereas conventional HVAC filters capture only large particles, Novaerus units destroy the smaller and more dangerous ones.” (Source: Novaerus. For more information, visit the Novaerus Website )
- Negative-pressure systems have been installed that continuously pull new air into the room, which reduces the risk of aerosolized airborne diseases staying in the room and infecting others.
- Glass doors have been installed to keep each operatory closed-off from the remainder of the office. This will minimize cross-contamination between different rooms in the office. The doors have also allowed us to create negative pressure systems.
Despite our precautions, we want to make sure to lower the risk of spread from possible COVID-19 carriers. For a rough guideline of whether you should come in to the office, please answer the following questions. If you answer yes to any of the following, we would rather only see you if urgent dental care is needed:
- Do you have a fever?
- Do you have a cough?
- Are you experiencing muscle aches or body pains?
- Are you having difficulty breathing or having shortness of breath?
- Have you recently had pneumonia, or have you recently been around anyone who has had pneumonia?
- Are you feeling more tired than usual?
- Have you been out of the country recently?
- Have you been on a cruise ship recently?
- Have you been visiting with anyone that has been out of the country or on a cruise ship?
Remember we are here for you and will get through this together! Stay well!
Dr. Cunningham, Dr. Jurgens, and Team