Our Dental Blog
Posts for: March, 2021
Improving your smile may be simpler than you might think, thanks to porcelain veneers. Your Decatur, IL, dentists, Dr. Carol Cunningham and Dr. Daniel Jurgens of the Gentle Art of Dentistry in Decatur, IL, use veneers to address a variety of cosmetic issues.
Porcelain veneers hide flaws and imperfections
Veneers are thin porcelain shells attached to the fronts of teeth with dental cement. Although they're only about as thick as a fingernail, veneers offer a very effective way to keep flaws out of sight.
Unlike some other cosmetic dentistry services, porcelain veneers don't require extensive changes to your teeth. In fact, your dentist may only need to remove a tiny amount of tooth enamel to ensure a comfortable, natural fit. During your first veneer visit to the Decatur, IL, dental office, your dentist will also make an impression of your teeth, which the dental lab techs will use as a guide when creating your porcelain veneers.
Porcelain veneers can help you:
- Hide Minor Damage: Veneers offer a simple solution if you have small chips or shallow gaps that don't affect the structural integrity of your teeth. Applying a veneer to a damaged tooth instantly improves its appearance.
- Conceal Flaws: Bumps or pits in your tooth enamel, even if they're minor, can be very noticeable. Veneers make flaws and imperfections disappear.
- Close Slight Gaps: Orthodontic treatment isn't the only way to improve the appearance of gaps between teeth. In fact, porcelain veneers may a good option if you have a minor gap between your front teeth.
- Whiten Teeth: Whether you have a discolored tooth or want to whiten your entire smile, veneers can help you perfect your smile. Veneers are available in many shades of white and are resistant to stains from foods and beverages.
- Make Over an Unattractive Tooth: Veneers can also improve the appearance of a crooked or oddly shaped tooth or make a short tooth a little longer. Thanks to veneers, your teeth will look much more uniform.
Upgrade your smile with porcelain veneers! Call your dentists in Decatur, IL, Dr. Cunningham and Dr. Jurgens of Gentle Art of Dentistry, at (217) 422-7448 to schedule your appointment.