How dental implants from your dentists in Decatur, IL, can give you back your smile
Are you asking yourself if dental implants are right for you? It’s a common question, that has a great answer. Yes, dental implants are the perfect choice for you. Dental implants can help you regain the smile you lost.
Dr. Carol Cunningham, and Dr. Daniel Jurgens at Gentle Art of Dentistry in Decatur, IL, offer a full range of dental services, including dental implant restorations, to give you back your smile.
First, let’s talk about why dental implants are the right choice for you when you have lost teeth. Dental implants provide you with:
- Beautiful tooth replacement that looks completely natural; dental implant restorations are made of lifelike materials that look just like your natural tooth structure.
- Rock-solid tooth replacement that will never move around; dental implants are placed in the bone, where they become embedded and anchored in place.
- User-friendly tooth replacement that you clean with simple brushing and flossing; the easy maintenance of dental implants helps you enjoy a healthy smile for life.
Now, let’s talk about some of the issues that may impact the healing of your dental implants. To be the best candidate for dental implants you should:
- Avoid using tobacco products and smoking
- Avoid drinking excessive amounts of alcohol
- Let your dentist know if you have diabetes
- Let your dentist know if you have had radiation to your jaws or face
You need to take good care of your oral health before, during, and after dental implant treatment. Make sure that you:
- Brush after meals and before you go to bed
- Floss at least once every day
- Visit your dentist for a dental examination and x-rays every 6 to 12 months
- Visit your dental hygienist for teeth cleaning every 6 to 12 months
You can have a beautiful smile you will be proud to show to the world. The answer is dental implants! To find out more about why dental implants are right for you, and how they can help you and your smile, call Dr. Carol Cunningham, and Dr. Daniel Jurgens of Gentle Art of Dentistry in Decatur, IL. You can reach them at (217) 422-7448, so call today! They can help refer you to a specialist to have your implants placed, or they themselves can help restore your implants.