Welcome to Gentle Art of Dentistry in Decatur, IL
Dr. Daniel Jurgens
Important Information About Coronavirus (COVID-19)
We realize that this is a difficult time for everyone with the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. We are here for our patients throughout this time. We have made changes to our office in order to prevent the spread of the virus as best as possible. The following features have been installed in our office:
- Novaerus NV200 and NV800 air disinfection units, which “use patented active purification technology to continuously pull contaminated indoor air across internal short-exposure plasma coils, deactivating airborne bacteria and viruses at the DNA level. As a Greek study concluded, typical dentistry ventilation systems are insufficient, causing the ‘accumulation and trapping of air pollutants in certain areas of the room.’ And whereas conventional HVAC filters capture only large particles, Novaerus units destroy the smaller and more dangerous ones.” (Source: Novaerus. For more information, visit the Novaerus Website)
- Negative-pressure systems have been installed that continuously pull new air into the room, which reduces the risk of aerosolized airborne diseases staying in the room and infecting others.
- Glass doors have been installed to keep each operatory closed-off from the remainder of the office. This will minimize cross-contamination between different rooms in the office. The doors have also allowed us to create negative pressure systems.
Despite our precautions, we want to make sure to lower the risk of spread from possible COVID-19 carriers. For a rough guideline of whether you should come in to the office, please answer the following questions. If you answer yes to any of the following, we would rather only see you if urgent dental care is needed:
- Do you have a fever?
- Do you have a cough?
- Are you experiencing muscle aches or body pains?
- Are you having difficulty breathing or having shortness of breath?
- Have you recently had pneumonia, or have you recently been around anyone who has had pneumonia?
- Are you feeling more tired than usual?
- Have you been out of the country recently?
- Have you been on a cruise ship recently?
- Have you been visiting with anyone that has been out of the country or on a cruise ship?
Remember we are here for you and will get through this together! Stay well!
Dr. Cunningham, Dr. Jurgens and Team
Healthy living starts with good dental care. Our dental office is committed to providing you the best care so that we can let you enjoy a lifetime of function and a beautiful smile. We are a private practice; therefore, we are able to totally focus on what is important to you. Our office is designed for your comfort, and we work as a team to make your visit pleasant. We take pride in our ability to provide the finest dental care for our patients. We offer services such as veneers, dental crowns, dental implants, sleep apnea appliances, TMD splints, and many more!
We pledge excellence in all we do, and we look forward to serving you. We feel it is a privilege to be entrusted with the care of your mouth, and we will always strive to give you the best treatment possible.
Achieving Good Oral Health
Caring for your teeth is an important factor in promoting good health. By focusing on what makes a mouth healthy, we will show you how to achieve the comfort and security of good oral health.
Our Emphasis Is On Prevention
Common sense tells us that preventing dental diseases is less costly and more rewarding than correcting problems once they occur. Good dental health is no accident. It is the result of good habits, proper nutrition, and regular professional care. Once you understand how dental diseases begin, then you will understand how to prevent them. That is why educating you as to how prevention can be accomplished is one of our primary goals.
A Commitment To You
In the dental profession, as in most sciences, dramatic changes seem to occur almost weekly as new techniques and methods are developed. We are committed to practice with the latest techniques and scientific advances in dentistry.
To all our current patients, we thank you for your confidence and trust. We look forward to your continued visits. To our prospective patients, we look forward to serving you in the future.
For more detailed information about the professionals at our practice, please go to Our Team page.