Your smile is a fantastic part of who you are as a person. A damaged smile can cause you to lack self-confidence and even shy away from social interaction. Dr. Daniel Jurgens and Dr. Carol Cunningham with The Gentle Art of Dentistry want to help improve your smile. One of the best ways is to have dental crowns in Decatur, IL, placed on teeth that need protection or work. If you are thinking of having a dental crown put in your mouth, here are some benefits that you can look forward to after the procedure.
The Advantages of Dental Crowns
Dental crowns in Decatur, IL at an easy method of bringing a tooth back to health. Teeth that are cracked, chipped, or are heavy in decay are prime candidates for dental crowns.
- A dental crown helps strengthen a tooth that has been weakened by trauma or decay from poor dental hygiene.
- A crown can also protect a tooth from further damage since the material is resistant to stains and decay.
- Dental crowns are used after a root canal as part of the protection of the area.
- A crown is a great way to hold a cracked tooth together. The crown fits over the top of a prepared area and serves to hold things together.
- Crowns are uniquely made to match the rest of your teeth. Each crown is fashioned to match the size and color of the surrounding teeth.
- They are used when dental implant anchors are placed in your mouth.
- They last up to 15 years if taken care of properly.
A dental crown procedure is one of the best ways to protect your existing teeth and give you an excellent smile for years to come. Dr. Jurgens and Dr. Cunningham with The Gentle Art of Dentistry know all about dental crowns in Decatur, IL. He is available to answer all of your questions. If you are looking to set your next appointment, please call us today at (217) 422-7448 and let us get to work for you.